Sidebar: We Went to the Grammy's Last Night

Monday, February 9, 2009
My honey & I won tickets to the Grammy Awards last night. We entered a contest at LA Live & won tickets to an event at one of their venues as well as dinner at one of the restaurants (up to $75) every month for the next year. Yay us! It is fabulous - especially considering we have no extra money to do anything right now.

Anywho, back to the Grammys. When I first found out that we were going, my immediate thought was "what the hell am I going to wear?" See most of my nicer clothes were purchased when I was about 20lbs. thinner. So off I went to see what I could find under $100 (my Xmas money from my dad). After many hours of trying stuff on, I was getting depressed. It wasn't the clothes, but how I looked in them that was the issue. Seeings as I couldn't do anything about that is a week, I trudged ahead in my mission & finally found this:




I LOVE it! It's got that retro feel that I love, I 'll be able to wear it many times & I got it for $99! And I have a fabulous vintage, beaded sweater and bag to go with it. Love, love, love it!

The show? Well, it was fun but certainly not something I would pay to see. Our seats were fairly high (which we expected) and the security was ridiculous (which we also expected) however I was able to sneak in my new camera I got for Christmas. Unfortunately, our pictures weren't all that great because we were up so high.

Most of the show was really good. I didn't really think I'd know many of the songs but turns out, I did. I was dreading Coldplay as I really dislike them. I find them whiny & depressing but I actually don't hate their new song so that wasn't so bad. I was quite surprised by the Jonas brothers - they were great with Stevie Wonder. Kid Rock, Carrie Underwood, Jennifer Hudson, Justin Timberlake - all good. Not a big rap fan, so didn't like all that but I'm sure some did.

Now let's get to the real deal - why isn't anyone talking about the train wreck that is Whitney Houston? Don't get me wrong, I love a good comeback story & I'm a second chance kinda girl but let's be real; the lady is not ready for a comeback. She walked out looking fantastic & then she spoke. It was actually uncomfortable watching & listening to her. So I was thinking today everyone would be talking about it right? NO! Come on, she was a mess & no one is acknowledging it? What is going on?!

Ok, back to our regularly scheduled programing.....

0 comments:

Post a Comment