A Legendary Affair

Saturday, February 7, 2009
Yesterday, my sister & I went into A Legendary Affair in Manhattan Beach. It is a little bit like going to a bridal show without all the people & the overwhelming urge to throw up. It is a free service with a showroom that showcases vendors, photographers, invitations - even a few dresses.

Cynthia, the nice lady that runs the place, put me at ease immediately. No charge to sit around & talk about the wedding, explore options, get recommendations and advice? I like it! I don't know that I'll use her vendors but I do know that I felt much better coming out of there. My indecisiveness & tendency to get overwhelmed, didn't seem to phase her. I came away feeling better & more focused. Not really accomplishing anything other than that but after my minor breakdown last week, that was exactly what I needed.

One of her vendors is a wedding & event planner offering a wedding planning seminar for $10. I can see from the photos that she is very creative so I plan to attend. It's only 2 hours & maybe I can soak in some of that creativity. What the hell? I can handle $10 - even in my temporarily unemployed state.

I am feeling so much better about this whole thing. I mean, don't get me wrong, I will never be Mary Sunshine. I love people with a positive attitude & I really do try but my natural talent for sarcasm often gets the better of me. You can only change so much.

0 comments:

Post a Comment