The Blogger Black Hole

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Don't act like you don't know what it is. Of course you do, I'm sure that's how you ended up here in the first place. You start out looking at one of the blogs you're following, that's linked to another, a nice comment from someone so you click over & check out their blog, their blog list is new & before you know it, you have no idea how you got from wedding planning to antique cars! This is my dilemma lately.

Oh, who am I kidding, that's been my dilemma for years. I can't stay focused. I'm fairly sure I suffer from adult attention deficit disorder. Normally, this doesn't seem to bother me too much but in this planning mode I'm in, it seems fairly detrimental. I'm not getting anywhere. No that's not true - it's just taking me too long to get there!

So what to do? I look at the planning tools on The Knot, Brides.com, WeddingChannel.com etc. but I just can't get behind it. I think I want to but whenever I look through them I think - what a pain in the ass. I mean really - how are you women so freakin' organized? Is everyone but me dissecting this thing like a frog in 7th grade science?!

I don't think so. I think they want you to believe that but it's not true. It's just one more myth perpetrated by the wedding industry to make us feel inferior & prime us to shell out more money for crap we don't need or even want.

Well, I'm just not falling for it. I'm going to keep tearing pages out of magazines without knowing where they will be filed. I'm keeping my guest list that we wrote out on scrap paper. And I will happily stick & re-stick my post-it notes with vendor recommendations until they just don't stick anymore. Screw 'em, I'll make it work! Apparently they just don't know who they're dealing with, right?

Right......however later this week, I'll still go by Borders & look at all the wedding planning guides. And eventually, I'm afraid I'll have to give in for fear of doing harm to myself or others due to my wedding induced insanity.

1 comments:

Brandy said...

Skip Borders and head over to Office Depot, grab yourself a binder and some of those clear pocketed thingys and tabs. Then just break it down to what a wedding is...people coming together to celebrate love and commitment...now you got your tabbed section named. The internet will have the timeline planning guidelines and then when you go to vendors you can have all those tears from magazines in the clear folders etc.

I'm the least organized person I know and I am freaking out. So I just keep stuffing things into my binder until I need to deal with them!

Post a Comment